Team USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Live Messenger

4 posters

Go down

Windows Live Messenger Empty Windows Live Messenger

Post  jracer Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Guys, I recommend downloading Windows Live Messenger. Its not like the old MSN messenger or Hotmail which are both terrible failures. You will have to make an email, but you can use the one you have right now. I think you are required to make an @live.com email but you don't have to use it. And just make crap up for you age/name/location. Its easier to send messages and really easy to use. All other TM players use it, which is why I have it, convenience. Not to mention I don't want to discuss the team over TM yet. I want to get a few players on board first and then open up recruitment for everyone else who want to try out. (Only 12-15 members perfereably)

Exclamation I also recommend going under options/sign-in/ and disabling "Automatically run Windows Live....." Just so you dont waist precious RAM and internet bandwidth

Its not mandatory of course, just a suggestion
jracer
jracer
Admin

https://teamusa.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Windows Live Messenger Empty Re: Windows Live Messenger

Post  AtOne_Few Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:44 pm

I have one, just don't want to post it in a open forum. The same goes for the info for the application, really should just go to you and Kith IMO.

AtOne_Few

Back to top Go down

Post  jracer Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:09 am

I understand what you are saying. We could lock this info to members only, which is a good idea. We can have different levels of access(for team members and just others who want to join) We have had no trouble with abuse on our NWT forum posted almost identically. Just talk to Kith about creating a Private Forum.
jracer
jracer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bop_vulture Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 am

after downloading live messenger, go to run and type msconfig, then go to startup and disable it on startup. you can do that with many programs. and under services you might find some stuff that you don't even have anymore running on your system. word of advice don't disable the services that say microsoft corp by them, some you can but most you need. another way to do this is to go to run and type services.msc that way is a bit more complicated but it tells you more. just don't go to regedit.exe and change anything plz i don't want to walk anyone through how to fix it.

and if we do use live for our ts, need to make it a bit private. otherwise i can startup a TS server on my old server. Heck i could also run a smaller TM server on it. its a dual 2.4 opteron server. just a thought. just tossing that out there. its in wisconsin but its on a 10meg cable line and its cheep. lol no COLO bill
bop_vulture
bop_vulture

Back to top Go down

Post  jracer Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:07 am

Cool, in the future that would be really nice. I've run one race with TS, and it was very nice. Teammates let you know who has crashed. Kinda relieves unnecessary pressure. Not to mention make fun of people who have stupid crashes. We can try and set up matches soon, and then could setup a private server.
jracer
jracer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robo Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 am

ok, so i just changed the permissions so that ONLY MEMBERS can view, read, post anything in the Recruitment Section. NON members and guests can read the General Disscution and Matches Posts.

I think Team Speak or any type of Voice thing would be awesome. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Robo
Robo
Admin

https://teamusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bop_vulture Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:12 am

ok ill try to get TS set up when i get back to wisconsin as soon as i can. when i get it setup, ill send post the ip address and the pass on the server.

The only problem with all of this is that i don't have a static ip address (im not paying the extra for it) but there are a few different ways around it. I will try my best to get it up and running to the best of my abilities. My ip address doesn't change much so it probably wont be much of a problem.
bop_vulture
bop_vulture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum